At Phoenix Cell, we really care about privacy. We’re also committed to transparency in everything we do, so when it comes to your personal information, we want to be fully transparent about what we’ll do with it and how we’ll look after it. We know you care deeply about your privacy too, so we provide settings that allow you to choose how certain information is used by Phoenix Cell.
- Information we may process about you
- How we may use your information
- Where we store your personal data
- Information Security
- Your Rights
- Third Party Websites
- Contact Us
- “We”, “us”: 2310659 Ontario ltd., trading as Phoenix Cell
- “Customer”, “you” or “your”: You as an individual who is the subject of personal data
- • “Services”: The Phoenixcell.ca website functionality including but not limited to all services offered in store or through our website.
- “Site”: Our website, www.Phoenixcell.ca
This policy explains our privacy practices for how personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. If you do not wish to have your personal data processed as described in this policy, you shouldn’t use the Services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. No-one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Services. If you are under the age of 16, do not register on Phoenixcell.ca, use any of the Services or provide any personal information to us, including your name, email address or any screen name or user name you may use.
By visiting www.Phoenixcell.ca you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION WE MAY PROCESS ABOUT YOU
Information you give us: You may give us information about you so we can provide the Services, which may be provided by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service or mailing list, leave us your feedback, search for a product, download any content from our website, place an order on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. Information you give us will not be made public on the site unless otherwise stated.
We shall not request from you any personal information, which is deemed sensitive data, including without limitation, information regarding religious or other beliefs, physical and mental health details, sexual life, racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership and/or offences, and we ask that you do not to supply us with any sensitive personal data
You may review and update the information you have provided to us at any time by contacting us.
Automated Information: When you use our site we may automatically collect information in order to allow us to operate and provide the Services, analyse and improve how our Services are used and provide a personalised experience for our users. This information may include:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, geolocation data, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive: We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. You may ask us to provide you with information about our services or about services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
In order to use your personal information as described in this policy, we rely on a number of legal bases including:
Contract based processing of your personal information:
- We may use your information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and in order to provide the Services to you.
- We may use your contact details to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to our website or to our services
Consent based processing of your personal information:
- We may use your contact information to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS).
Processing of your personal information for our Legitimate Interests:
- It is in our legitimate interests to use personal data to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- It is in our legitimate interests to use personal data to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We want to keep our site safe and secure for everyone, and may use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interest of ensuring the security of our Services.
- It is in our legitimate interest to use personal data to understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- We may use personal data to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them. This processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest of providing our users with the best service possible.
- We may use geolocation data to determine the city where you are located in order to define the settings of our Site and to determine which services are available to you, and to provide you with relevant advertising. This processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest of providing our users with the best service possible. We will not share your current location with third parties. If you do not want us to use your location, you should turn off the location services in your devices settings.
- We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you, in order to pursue our legitimate interest of managing our data effectively. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
Legal Obligation based processing of your personal information: We may need to process your personal information to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims
Vital Interests based processing of your personal information: It may occasionally be necessary for us to process your personal information to protect your vital interests, or those of others
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ( PIPEDA ) It may also be processed by staff operating outside PIPEDA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. If data is transferred by us from within the PIPEDA to a jurisdiction outside the PIPEDA, it is done so in accordance with Data Protection laws. We rely on the following legal bases to transfer your information:
Model Clauses:The Canadian Commission has adopted standard contractual clauses (also known as Model Clauses), which provide safeguards for personal information that is transferred outside of North America. We may use these Model Clauses when transferring personal information outside of North America.
Privacy Shield:We may rely on the PIPEDA -US Privacy Shield to transfer personal information to some of our third party service providers in the United States, where they are certified to receive such information under the Privacy Shield Program.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) an account and password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should never divulge your password or account details to anyone else.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered. This is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet.
We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
We will use reasonable endeavours to implement appropriate policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control (having regard to the type and amount of that data) from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
We will retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to provide you with the Services, for as long as your Phoenix Cell user account is active or for as long as we need to satisfy legal requirements. If you would like to make any changes to your personal data or delete it, you can contact us.
Depending on your location, you may benefit from a number of rights regarding the information we process about you, including rights outlined by GDPR for data subjects in the PIPEDA. If you are an PIPEDA resident you have the right under certain circumstances:
- To be provided with access to your personal information held by us
- To request that your personal data be deleted or updated
- To request that we cease processing your personal information
- To request that we limit or restrict the ways in which we use your personal information
- To object to the processing of your information based on our legitimate interests, as outlined above
- To object to solely automated decision making
- To request that your data be transferred to a third party (data portability)
Where you have provided consent for data processing, you can withdraw this consent at any time. For example, you may withdraw your consent to receive marketing materials from us by using the unsubscribe link included on all marketing communications.
If you have any requests to exercise your data information rights you can contact us. Any information access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Phoenix Cell Data Officer,
6-90 Kennedy Rd south